Let’s explain Abraham’s conscious act of turning to Allah:
“Certainly, I have turned my face (my consciousness) cleansed from the concept of a deity (Hanif), toward the Fatir (He who creates everything programmed according to its purpose)...”
That is to say, “I have realized there is nothing, no object that can be accepted as a god-deity that I can deify and idolize! Therefore, I have turned with my consciousness to the Fatir One who has designed and created the heavens and the earth as He likes and whose administration is upon them at every instance…”
“As a Hanif”!
That is, with the consciousness that there is no god in the heavens and the earth to worship! With the consciousness that idols and deities are unacceptable! With the realization there is an infinite and limitless force that creates and administers the whole of existence, the entire universe, the system and order at every instance as He likes and thus there is no external god beyond to be worshipped!
“And I am not of the dualists!” (Quran 6:79)
That is, I am not of those who assume the existence of deities besides Allah, the Wahid’ul Ahad! While Allah is the Absolute existence, I am not of those who conceive the existence of external gods and thus fall into duality! To assume the existence of a god besides Allah is to assume the existence of a being in space or to accept the deification of those who claim to be gods, such the Pharaoh, Namrud and the Antichrist (dajjal), etc.
By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. Hamd (the evaluation of the corporeal worlds created with His Names, as He wills) belongs to Allah, who has created the heavens and the earth, and formed the darkness (ignorance) and Nur (knowledge)... Those who incessantly deny the reality, equate (their illusory external gods) to their Rabb (the dimension of Names within their essence, and hence they live in duality)!
2. It is HU who has created you from water and clay, and decreed a span (specified time of bodily life)... The specified term of life is from Him... After all of this, you still have doubt.
3. Allah is HU, in the heavens and on earth... He knows what is in your essence and what you reveal! He knows what you are earning (with your deeds)!
4. No sign (revealed or apparent) from their Rabb comes to them, but they turn away from it!
5. And now they deny what has come to them in Truth! But the news of what they ridicule is going to reach them soon.
6. Did they not see how many generations We have destroyed before them... (Moreover) unlike you, We had established them upon the abundant regions of the earth, and sent the blessings of the heavens upon them and made the rivers flow beneath them... (Nevertheless) We destroyed them because of their faults! And after them, We brought forth another generation.
7. If We had sent down a (written) scripture to you, and they had touched it with their hands, the deniers of the knowledge of the reality would surely have said, “This is none other than obvious magic.”
8. They said, “An angel (that we can see) should have been sent down”... But if We had revealed an angel as such, the matter would have ended; no further time would have been given to them.
9. If We had made Him (the Rasul of Allah saw) an angel (for you to see) We would still have made him in the form of a man to make them fall into the same doubt-dilemma that they are in now (whereupon they would have said, “he is just a man like us”).
10. Indeed, many of Our Rasuls were also mocked before you! But those who mocked were enveloped by their own mockery!
11. Say, “Travel through the earth and see the end of the deniers (of the reality).”
12. Say, “To whom belongs the things in the heavens and the earth (forms which have come from a state of nothingness into ‘relative’ existence in order to manifest the meanings of the Names)?” Say, “To Allah!” He has decreed His Grace (the creation of the worlds based on His Rahman quality) upon His Self. He will surely gather you in the period of Doomsday, about which there is no doubt! Those who have put themselves in loss will not believe!
13. Whatever is in the night and the day is for Him! HU is the Sami, the Aleem.
14. Say, “Shall I befriend (by imagining one) other than Allah, the creator (and programmer of all things according to their specific functions) of the heavens and the earth, who provides to maintain and subsist their existence, but who is Himself not in need of anything?”... Say, “I have been commanded to be the first of those who submit to Allah” and do not ever be of the dualists!
15. Say, “Indeed, if I disobey my Rabb, I fear the suffering of the mighty Day (period)!”