By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. The Hour has neared and the Moon (Qamar) has split asunder!
2. Yet when they see a miracle they turn away and say, “Ordinary magic”!
3. They deny and follow their own baseless desires (all that is pleasing to their egos)! But every matter will be settled!
4. Indeed, there has come to them news in which there is deterrence.
5. Wisdom (erudite knowledge with an accurate explanation of the purpose)! Yet warning does not help (the intellectually incapacitated)!
6. So, turn away from them! At that time when the Caller calls to the terrifying event...
7. Their eyes will be cast down in terror, they will emerge from their graves (cocoons) as if they are locusts spreading about.
8. Those who deny the knowledge of the reality will run to the Caller saying, “This is an intense day!”
9. Before them the people of Noah had also denied. They denied Our servant and said, “He is possessed” and prevented him (from his mission).
10. So, he (Noah) prayed to his Rabb, “Indeed, I am overpowered, help me.”
11. And We opened the gates of heaven with pouring rain!
12. And caused the earth to burst with springs and the waters met for a purpose, which had been decreed!
13. We carried him (Noah) on (the Ark) made of planks and nails.
14. (The Ark) sailed under Our supervision. To requite the one who had been shown ingratitude (Noah)!
15. Indeed, We left it (the Ark) behind as a sign (for the people)! Is there not anyone who thinks?
16. Look at how My suffering and warning was fulfilled!
17. Indeed We have eased the Quran that the reality may be remembered and contemplated! Is there not anyone who thinks?
18. Aad also denied! And how was My suffering and warning fulfilled?
19. Indeed, We sent upon them a hurricane of continuous destruction on an unfortunate day.
20. Extracting the people as if they were uprooted trunks of palm trees.