2. Al-Baqarah (76-150)
76. When they meet those who believe, they say, “We have believed”; but when they are alone with one another, they say, “Do you talk to them about the truth Allah has disclosed to you so that they can use it as evidence against you? Do you not think?”
77. Do they not know that Allah knows what they conceal and what they disclose?
78. There are among them (ummiyyiina) people who have no knowledge of the Book (knowledge of the reality), other than what they assume (based on their conditionings); they live with their (baseless) conjectures.
79. So woe to those who write the knowledge with their own hands (driven by their illusory selves), then say, “This is from Allah,” in exchange for a small price! Woe to what they write with their hands and woe to what they earn in this way!
80. And they say, “The fire won’t burn us except for a certain amount of days.” Say to them, “Have you taken a covenant from Allah (the Absolute Reality in your essence)? For Allah will never break His covenant. Yet you make fabrications against Allah.”
81. No! The truth is not as they assume! Whoever earns evil (through his thoughts or actions) and his mistake encompasses him (his system of thought blinds him from the truth) those are the people of the fire (suffering) eternally.
82. But those who believe and do righteous deeds (for their salvation, as a result of becoming aware of their reality) – they are the people of Paradise and will abide therein eternally.
83. And recall when We made a covenant with the Children of Israel “Do not assume the existence of, and worship an ‘other,’ other than Allah; give your parents their due right; do good to your relatives, orphans, and the needy; speak good words to people (words that direct them to the reality); and establish salat and give zakah (their practice of salat and zakah was different to the Islamic way).” Yet after this, except a few of you, you turned away (from your word), and you still continue to do so.
84. And recall when We took your word that you will not shed each other’s blood or evict one another from your homes, and you had bore witness and consented to this.
85. Yet you are killing one another and evicting a group of your people from their homes. You unjustly unite against them as enemies. And if they come to you as captives, you ransom them and evict them (although this was forbidden to you). So, do you believe in part of the knowledge of the reality (Book) and disbelieve in part? The recompense for those who do so among you is disgrace in worldly life; and on the Day of Resurrection they will be subject to the severest of suffering. Allah as your essential reality, is not unaware of what you do.
86. Those are the ones who have bought the life of this world (bodily desires and pleasures) in exchange for the eternal life to come (the inner reality). Their suffering will not be lightened, nor will they be aided!
87. Indeed, We gave Moses the Knowledge of the Reality (Book) and then sent a succession of Rasuls from among you as reinforcement. And We gave Jesus, the son of Mary, clear proofs (states that clearly confirm the knowledge of the reality). We supported him with the Pure Spirit (the force We manifested through him). But every time a Rasul came to you with truths that went against the desires of your illusory selves, in the name of exalting your egos you denied some of them and killed some.
88. And they said, “Our hearts (perception) are cocooned (by our world – preventing us from experiencing our reality).” No, in fact they had fallen far from (became cursed by) Allah for denying the reality. How limited is your faith!
89. And when they (the Jews) sought insight to have victory over the disbelievers, who denied religion, there came to them a Book from Allah confirming the knowledge that was already with them – and that which they awaited (Muhammad saw) came to them, but they refuted him! So they live in a state far from Allah (the curse of Allah is upon the deniers of the absolute reality).
90. How wretched it is that out of envy they deny a servant of Allah, whom Allah revealed from His grace (from one’s essence to his consciousness), and because of this denial they cover the absolute reality within the ‘self’! Because of this they were subjected to wrath upon wrath (they were reduced to an unconscious state of living, veiled from their essential reality). And for those who deny the reality (disbelievers) there is a humiliating punishment.