3. Ali-Imran (64-136)
64. Say, “O those to whom the knowledge of reality has come, let us come together on a common understanding, let us not consider servitude to anything other than Allah, let us not associate any partners (live in duality) to Allah, our essential reality; let not some of us deify (take as gods besides Allah) others of us (like Jesus).” If they turn away from this then say to them, “Bear witness that we are of those who have submitted to Allah.”
65. O those to whom the knowledge of reality has come, why do you argue about Abraham? The Torah and the Gospel were revealed after him (hence they narrated the situation). Do you not have the intellect to realize this?
66. (It is bad enough) you argue over things about which you have little knowledge, but why do you argue over things about which you have no knowledge? Whereas Allah knows, and you know not!
67. Abraham was neither a Jew nor a Christian... But he was of those (hanif) who did not believe in a god (external deity) and was aware that only Allah existed (the concept of oneness) and had submitted to Him (knew that Allah had absolute administration over their existence). His comprehension was free from duality!
68. Indeed, the closest ones to the truth with Abraham are those who follow his understanding, this Nabi (Muhammad saw) and those who believe in him. Allah is the Waliyy of the believers.
69. A group of those to whom the knowledge of reality has come, wanted to lead you astray, but they cannot lead anyone astray other than themselves. Yet they do not realize this.
70. O you to whom the knowledge of reality has come, even though you bear witness to the reality, why do you deny the existence of Allah in His signs (the manifestations of His Names)?
71. O you to whom the knowledge of reality has come, why do you hide the Truth within falsity and conceal the Truth while you repeatedly know of it?
72. A group of those to whom the knowledge of reality came said, “Go to the believers and tell them, ‘we have believed in what has been revealed’ then reject it at the end of the day (by saying you thought about it and realized it was not possible). Thus, maybe they too will (follow you and) abandon their way.”
73. “Do not believe those who do not follow your religion!” Say, “Guidance is the guidance of Allah (involves the realization that the Names of Allah comprise one’s being). Do you oppose because the like of what has been given to you is given to another, or because they are going to prevail over you (with what has been given to them) in the sight of your Rabb?” Say, “Most certainly, bounty is in the hands of Allah, He gives it to whom He wills. Allah is the Wasi, the Aleem.”
74. “He specifies His grace (from whom He wills) to whom He wills! Allah is the Azim, the possessor of bounty.”