By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. By the intensely powerful (force; Mars),
2. And the (force) that takes with ease (Sun),
3. And the (forces) that swim (in their orbits; Saturn – Jupiter),
4. And the (forces) that race ahead (Mercury – Venus),
5. And the administrators of the command (the forces that reveal; the Moon). (That these verses denote the planets is the construal of Hasan al-Basri and Imam Razi, a perspective I also share.)
6. At that time the convulsion (of death; earthquake) will convulse.
7. Followed by a subsequent one (resurrection; commencement of a new life with the new spirit-body).
8. The minds (of some) will be shocked at that time!
9. Their vision will be confounded and crushed!
10. Yet still they say, “Will we really be returned to our former state (back to life, after having become dust); is resurrection really true?”
11. “Even after we have become decayed and scattered bones?”
12. “That, then, (the continuation of life in this state) will be a return in loss.”
13. Whereas, it is but one command!
14. And behold they will instantly find themselves on an open expanse!
15. Did the news of Moses reach you?
16. How his Rabb called out to him in the sacred valley of Tuwa:
17. “Go to Pharaoh! Indeed, he has transgressed!”
18. “And say, ‘How about becoming cleansed and purified?’”
19. “How about I guide you to your Rabb? You will be in awe (of His might)!”
20. Then he showed him the great miracle!..