5. Al-Ma’idah (1-50)
By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. O believers, fulfill your contracts in full... Grazing livestock (sheep, cattle, goat, camel, etc.) has been made permissible for you with the condition that you do not consider hunting lawful animals for yourselves while you are in ihram, and except for that with which you have been informed... Indeed Allah ordains what He wills.
2. O believers! Do not disrespect the rites of Allah (the signs of Allah; that which evokes or causes to feel and perceive Allah) the sacred months, the sacrifices offered to the Baytullah, special sacrifices and to those who come to the Bayt in search of the bounty and the pleasure of their Rabb... You can hunt once you come out of ihram... Do not let your hatred towards a people who (previously) prevented you from entering the Masjid al-Haram lead you to transgress your boundaries... Help each other based on the essence of the reality (albirra) and taqwa (protecting yourself in the way of Allah from the inadequacies of your identity) not on wrongdoing and enmity... Protect yourselves from Allah (as He will enforce upon you the consequences of your actions). Certainly Allah is shadid-ul iqab (the Enforcer of the consequences of wrongdoings).
3. Prohibited to you is the flesh of dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been slaughtered in a name other than Allah. Also prohibited to you is the flesh of animals that are killed by strangling, or by beating, or in a fall, or skinned to death, or killed and partly eaten by a wild animal, or sacrificed on stone altars. Also, seeking fortune (in regards to the future) by divining arrows (or other fortune telling methods)! All of this is corruption. Those who deny the reality today have given up on invalidating your religion... So fear them not, but be in awe of Me. This day I have perfected for you your religion (your acquisition of religious knowledge) and completed My favor upon you and have approved for you Islam (complete submission to Allah) as (the understanding of) religion... Whoever is forced by severe hunger to eat of these may do so, without assuming what is unlawful to be lawful... Indeed, Allah is the Ghafur, the Rahim.
4. They ask you what has been made permissible to them... Say, “All good and clean foods have been made permissible to you... And those caught by the hunting animals that you have trained in the way of Allah, so eat what they catch for you and speak the name of Allah upon them... Certainly Allah is Sari-ul-Hisab(Allah instantly puts into effect the consequences of one’s actions).
5. This day, all good and pure foods have been made permissible to you... The food of those to whom the knowledge of the reality has been given is permissible to you... And your food is permissible to them... And the chaste women from among the believers and those to whom the knowledge of the reality was given before you are permissible (in marriage) to you, with the condition that you give their due dowry, and they stay away from adultery and refrain from secret affairs... Whoever disregards the conditions and requirements of faith and denies the reality, all his work will become worthless and he will be among the losers in the eternal life to come.
6. O believers... When you rise to perform salat, wash your faces and your arms up to your elbows with water; wipe over your heads and wash your feet up to your ankles... If you are in a state of impurity (janabah) then wash your whole body... If you are ill or traveling or have been to the lavatory or if you have slept with women and you cannot find water, then seek clean earth and wipe your faces and hands with clean earth... Allah does not wish to make difficulty for you, but He wills to purify you and complete the favor of HU upon you; that you may be thankful (and evaluate).
7. Remember the favor of Allah upon you and the covenant with which He bound you when you said, “We hear and we obey”... Protect yourselves from Allah! Indeed Allah, as your essence with His Names, knows what is inside you.
8. O believers... Be steadfast in the way of Allah, and be just when you bear witness... Do not let your hatred for a people lead you to be unjust! Be just, this approach is nearer to protection... Protect yourselves from Allah! Indeed Allah (as their creator) is Habir of all your actions.
9. Allah has promised those who believe and live as their faiths require, “There is forgiveness and a great reward for them.”
10. As for those who deny the reality and our signs (the manifestations of the Names) they are the people of hell.