Rabbi awzi`anee an ashkura ni`mataka llatee an`amta `alayya wa `alaa waalidayya wa an a`maala ṣaalihan tarḍaahu wa aṣlih lee fee dhurriyyatee innaa tubtu ilayka wa’innee mina l-muslimeena (Quran 46:15)
My Rabb... Enable me and my parents to be grateful for the blessings You have bestowed upon us from Your favor, and to engage in deeds that will please You... And make righteous my offspring. I have repented to You and indeed I am of the Muslims (those who are aware of their submission)!
Abu Bakir as-Siddiq (ra) was the cause for the revelation of the above verse. His prayer regarding the guidance of his family was accepted by Allah and confirmed with this verse.
We could do an enormous good for our family and lineage if we also make this prayer on a continual basis. It is especially recommended to include this prayer after salat.
By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. Ha, Meem.
2. The revelation (detailed explanation) of the knowledge is from Allah, the Aziz, the Hakim.
3. We only created the heavens and the earth and everything between them in Truth and for a specified time... But those who deny the knowledge of the reality turn away from that of which they are warned.
4. Say, “(Consider this) have you seen those to whom you turn besides Allah? Show me what they have created of the earth? Or do they have a share in the creation of the heavens? If you are truthful, then bring me a remnant of knowledge or a scripture from the past in regards to this.”
5. And who is more astray than the one who prays to things besides Allah, which cannot respond to him until Doomsday, which are not even aware of their prayer?
6. When the people are gathered (those to whom they turned besides Allah) will be enemies to them and they will deny their worship.
7. When Our signs were clearly explained to them, those who deny the knowledge of the reality said when the Truth came to them, “Clearly, this is magic.”
8. Or do they say, “He made it up”? Say, “If I have made it up, you do not possess the power to protect me from Allah... HU knows well that you go to excess in His regard... He is sufficient as Witness between me and you... He is the Ghafur, the Rahim.
9. Say, “I am not forming a new thing that has not already manifested among previous Rasuls. I do not know what will manifest through me or you! I do not follow anything other than what is revealed to me! I am only a clear warner!”
10. Say, “Did you see (consider) what if (the Quran) is from Allah and you have denied it (what will be your state)! A witness from the children of Israel had testified to something similar and believed, but you were arrogant (about this)! Indeed, Allah does not guide the tribe of the wrongdoers.”
11. Those who deny the knowledge of the reality said to the believers, “If it was a good thing they could not have surpassed us in attaining it”... Just because they cannot find guidance by it, they say, “This is an old lie.”
12. Before (the Quran) was the Book (knowledge) of Moses to lead and as grace... This (Quran) is a source of the knowledge, confirming those before it, in the Arabic language, to warn those who have wronged themselves, and as good news to the doers of good.
13. Indeed, those why say, “Our Rabb is Allah” and live their lives accordingly will have no fear, nor will they grieve.
14. They are the people of Paradise... They will abide therein eternally as the result of their deeds!
15. And We advised man to be kind to his parents. His mother has carried him in hardship and given birth to him in difficulty. His gestation and weaning period is thirty months... When he reaches maturity and reaches the age of forty years he says, “My Rabb... Enable me and my parents to be grateful for the blessings You have bestowed upon us from Your favor, and to engage in deeds that will please You... And make righteous my offspring. I have repented to You and indeed I am of the Muslims (those who are aware of their submission)!”