“And the stars are subjected by and in service (with the rays they permeate) to His command (the stars are also a manifestation of the meanings of the Names comprising their essence)...” (Quran 16:12)
“And He leads to the reality by the (Names comprising the essence of the) stars (the people of the reality, the hadith: ‘My Companions are like the stars; whoever among them you follow, you will reach the truth’)...!” (Quran 16:16)
So, what is their duty?
Surely they haven’t been created to adorn the skies with their pretty lights?
Let’s be realistic and see things objectively for what they really are rather than how we’d like to see them…
Since Allah is the infinite existence, there is no other existence besides Him. Everything we see and label is His conscious forms, existent and subsistent with the meanings of His Names.
Their only difference is the degree of manifestation of the various Names in their composition. Thus, it is always Allah who governs through every unit of existence and interacts with other units, guides, shapes and aids towards their purpose of existence.
There is no other Creator, Rabb, Guider, Mahdi, Muyhi, Mumit besides Him! But, because we don’t really comprehend this, we interpret things in ways that indicate denial.
Either we exalt Him beyond our imagination, beyond the heavens, beyond or further away from anything we can ever fathom! Or, we reduce Him to everything we can see; claiming every ‘thing’ is Him and thus limiting His infinite existence to His manifestations, even claiming our individuality to be Him!
Or else, we try to prove ‘everything’ exists, that you and I and him and her and every other being also exist alongside with Allah, yet again applying a limitation to Him! And then we talk at random about the things He makes us do!
Just as an author can’t be defined by the characters he creates in his works, Allah can’t be defined by or limited to His creations. Indeed, the power and meaning that is manifest under the label of existence belongs to Him alone… All of creation and their activities belong to Him and He influences them via each other.
Nevertheless, nothing in the micro or macro planes of existence can be labeled ‘Allah’! Yet His existence in that unit can’t be denied either! This is why the Rasul (saw) said, “You can’t thank Allah if you don’t thank the person!”
By the one who is denoted by the name Allah (who created my being with His Names in accord with the meaning of the letter ‘B’), the Rahman, the Rahim.
1. The command of Allah has come (for you to see); there is no need to rush! He is Subhan and Aliy, high and above what they associate with Him.
2. He reveals the knowledge of the reality to whom He wills among His servants with His forces (and says), “Warn with the truth that there is no deity/god, only Me! So beware of Me!”
3. He created the heavens and the earth in Truth (with His Names)... He is high above what they associate with Him!
4. He created man from a single sperm... And behold, he has become defiant!
5. He also created livestock... In them are warmth (energy and clothing) and other benefits for you... And from them you eat.
6. And there is beauty for you in them when you bring them in (from pasture) in the evening and in the mornings when you let them out (to pasture).
7. They carry your loads and take you to many places that you cannot reach yourselves without difficulty! Indeed, your Rabb is the Ra’uf, the Rahim.
8. And He (created) horses, mules and donkeys for you to ride on and enjoy... And He creates so much more that you do not know.
9. The path to the target leads to Allah! But there are some who deviate from it... Had Allah willed He could have guided all of you collectively to the reality!
10. HU sent down water for you from the sky... From it comes drink and from it comes foliage in which you pasture (animals).
11. With it He causes to grow for you the crops, olives, dates and grapes of all types. Indeed, there is a sign in these for a people who think!
12. And He subjects for you the night, the day, the Sun (source of energy) and the Moon (which stimulates your hormones and senses with its gravitational force)... And the stars are subjected by and in service to His command (the stars are also a manifestation of the meanings of the Names comprising their essence)... Indeed, there is a sign in this for a people who can use their intellect!
13. And on the earth, (he subjects for you) his creation of various colors... Indeed, from this sign there are lessons to be taken for those who contemplate!
14. And it is HU who subjects the sea to your service, so that you may eat from it and extract ornaments from it to wear... You will see ships plowing through it... so that you may seek of His bounty and be of the thankful ones who evaluate.
15. He formed firmly set mountains upon the earth so that you are not shaken (organs of set functions) and rivers (people who act as a source of knowledge) by which you may find your way and reach the reality and roads (comprehensions suitable to your demeanor).